Monday, December 3, 2012

Nicaragua Week One

My first week in Nicaragua has been wonderful. I thought the adjustment would be difficult. But it's been like a beautiful vacation where I get to hang out with people I love and talk about God with them. I cannot complain at all. Sandra and Preston have taken such wonderful care of me. Below is some of the fruit I've been talking about. Those are mangos.



This is Douglas. He hates having his picture taken, so I had to be sneaky to catch this shot of him!! Yesterday I sat with him on the bus coming home from church and he told me about how he hopes to go to college where his adopted mother lives in West Virginia in the United States.


Engel and Noel. Two of the original boys who stole my heart in March. :)


Freddy loves being in front of the camera, even though he would never admit that. He's always posing for me!


Noel and I comparing skin colors. The boys call me Chela. Apparently this is an affectionate way to say 'white girl'. Noel and I have gotten the closest of all the boys. We have a special connection. We just seem to understand each other. As I told a friend recently, he is the most precious thing that lives on this earth. He truly is my brother.

Sandra and Preston grabbed some shots of us before we headed to church yesterday morning. Church was wonderful and we got to walk through the market a bit afterwards and even though it was hot it was fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things look like they're going well! How are the headaches?

Post a Comment

 
© Leah Mae Photos
CoffeeShop Designs